The other day I attended a California Association of Realtors webinar regarding understanding today’s homebuyer. The survey was released in June 2011 and included some interesting facts. Over the next week or so I will cover many aspects of the report, but today I wanted to focus on why buyers choose a REALTOR®.
It would be a really good idea to integrate these behaviors into your work flow.
Question: What was the single most important reason for selecting the agent that you used in your recent home purchase?
- Most responsive 28%
- Worked with REALTOR® before 18%
- First to respond 17%
- Most agressive 16%
- Most knowledgeable
Question: What was your preferred method of communicating with your agent? How did your agent actually communicate with you?
- 73% preferred e-mail while actual was 70%
- 37% preferred telephone while actual was 50% (Lesson Here - find out what your clients want)
- 32% preferred text message while actual was 1% (Ouch)
- 21% preferred Twitter while actual was 0%
- 14% preferred Facebook while actual was 0%
- 6% preferred in person while actual was 3%
The lesson here is to be responsive to your clients and prospects, exhibit negotiation skills, and find out how your Clients want to communicate – not how you want to communicate!
If you are a CAR member you can download the full report in PowerPoint (PPT) or Adobe PDF under Market Data | Speeches & Presentations | July 2011. You will need your membership number as it is password protected.
Photo courtesy of Frédéric BISSON via Flickr.